What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

successfully migrated an old prtg installation to a new server, but installation was mistakenly unin

Votes:

I followed the steps to migrating my prtg installation from one server to another and it was successful but the maps on the new server wasnt the same as the old but the license took effect on the new one, recently noticed that my new installation has been uninstalled by a colleague who knew nothing about the migration, please for my colleague's sake and mine more importantly. what do i do? i have tried repeating the process over again but it didnt work... the license still shows as trial please help. what are options available to get prtg working perfectly on my network... with my existing license?

license migration unistallation

Created on Jan 19, 2016 5:17:47 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Please perform the following:

1) On the new server please install PRTG using commercial installer (not freeware). If the free version is already running on the new server, you can install commercial installer directly over the freeware.

You can download the latest, commercial version from the Customer Service Center. In order to access the download link to the newest version please log into your online account and download it there. Please use the email address the license is registered to and your password to log in here: https://service.paessler.com/en/login/

2) Please shut down the old server.

3) Please activate your license on the new server: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/activate_the_product

Does it work then?

Created on Jan 21, 2016 11:43:23 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.