What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I send notifications to external program to graph number of warnings?

Votes:

We are trying to come up with a solution to send notifications to an external program so we can graph the number of times sensors are in a warning state over week/month etc. Is there a viable way we can do this?

graphs integrations notifications

Created on Jan 21, 2016 12:52:49 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Depends on this external application whether it provides an interface that's able to receive data. Besides notifications sending emails you can create notifications that execute a script for example to do what you need or probably an HTTP-Action if applicable.

Kind regards.

Created on Jan 22, 2016 2:57:45 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I know we can do a script, but I wasn't sure of a program that would accept the alerts and be able to graph them

Created on Jan 22, 2016 3:29:52 PM

Votes:

I'm not aware of a solution that can do this out of the box. Simplest approach would be something like this appending every entry to a csv-file to use with Excel for example.

Kind regards.

Created on Jan 25, 2016 11:43:46 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.