What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cluster probe is not sending alerts

Votes:

We are in the process of evaluation of PRTG. Yesterday I've created cluster based on two separate working PRTG installations. As MASTER I left our "production" 100 sensors installation and for SALVE I've migrated test installation. I have two probes for two different, physical locations. After clustering new Cluster Probe was created where I moved all objects in my primary location. After that there is no email notification when something fails under this probe. Cluster, probes and environment does are without any errors

cluster probes problem

Created on Jan 21, 2016 12:42:32 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Check the "Notifications" tab of an object (a sensor for example) that failed without notifying you or is currently in an error state to see which notification triggers are configured there. At the moment I'm not sure how this can be, because when moving devices from local probe to cluster probe, all their settings will be kept and monitored by Master and Failover. For further investigation it might me better in this case if you could provide more details like a few screenshots of your setup and notification settings. Send us an email to [email protected], make sure to mention this KB thread for reference and I'll get back to you.

Kind regards.

Created on Jan 22, 2016 4:04:51 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 16, 2021 12:48:18 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.