What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP diskfree Sensor display

Votes:

Yesterday we started using SNMP Disk free sensor on Windows-servers instead off the WMI-sensor.

I've added several sensors, and no I want to change the Primary channel from Free Space (%) to Free bytes (MB). I cannot change that in bulk, only selecting one by one.

Is there another way to change that?

Also can I somehow change the default limit of this type ? Default it's 25% warning but I want to change that to 15%. Is that possible??

disk-free primary-channel snmp

Created on Jan 21, 2016 1:41:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,
we appreciate your inquiry.

There's no way to change the default values for the newly-created sensors, in some cases you can set limits by using Device Templates together with auto-discovery.

It's also possible to Bulk-edit Sensors to change the settings of many sensors at once using multi-edit:

Please head to the Sensors menu (from the top main navigation), where you can select (Sensors > By Type > S > SNMP Disk Free). You can then select all sensors on a page from the select all check-box on the top right side and then using the little wrench icon on top of the table change the Limits on the Channel Settings tab for the "Free Space(ID 0)" channel from all sensors at once.

Please see the multi-edit manual page for more details: PRTG Manual: Multi-Edit

Best Regards,

Created on Jan 22, 2016 12:42:37 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.