What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Freedisk

Votes:

Hello,
I want to add disk space for the sensor for Fortigate suppérviser to the disk.
I tested with the OID :

• fg Sys Disk Capacity : 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.7
  • fg Sys Disk Usage : 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.6

I get the error message "No such instance (SNMP error # 223)".
Can you please help me.

Best regards.

diskfree diskspace fortigate

Created on Jan 21, 2016 1:46:12 PM

Last change on Jan 22, 2016 12:44:09 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,
we appreciate your inquiry.

Is SNMP enabled on the fortigate? You can confirm this by downloading our latest SNMP Tester, run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform the Read Device Uptime test against the target device, please ensure to configure the proper community, port, device ip/name and SNMP Version. Your result should be an uptime reading above 0.

If the test above is successful this means that SNMP is enabled, in that case please use the SNMP Tester again but this time perform the "Walk" test and enter the following OID as starting point for the walk: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1

The walk above (if it succeeds) should display the current values and OID's (with index, if there is one) and you will be able to copy and paste the OID's into PRTG which should allow you to monitor those OID's within PRTG.

Best Regards,

Created on Jan 22, 2016 12:47:55 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello, It's OK Thank you for your help. Best regards,

Created on Feb 1, 2016 12:29:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.