What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Factory sensors greyed out

Votes:

Hi support,

I have PRTG master and slave server(Failover Node) suddenly all ma factory sensors are greyed out although they show data but on the master node only not on the failover node....??? I am attaching a snap in which the failover node in the factory sensor shows status "unknown" "All source channels have no data." the factory sensor is visible in the failover node but it doesn't shows data. Any ideas...

http://i68.tinypic.com/2rcvnft.jpg

Thanks

factory-sensor failover-node failovercluster prtg

Created on Jan 27, 2016 10:10:19 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear Frank

The image cannot be displayed.

As first attempt to solve this issue, please reboot the failover. If that does not help, please contact [email protected]. Please include screenshots of one of the factory sensor as file attachment.

Created on Jan 28, 2016 1:17:30 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Sent you guys an email with the snapshot attached. Meanwhile I want to know do I have to restart the core services on the fail-over server or should I have to reboot the server.

Thanks Frank

Created on Jan 29, 2016 6:26:13 AM

Votes:

Dear Frank

If you can afford it, rebooting the entire computer would be the best option. Otherwise you can open the PRTG Administration Tool from the start menu and stop / start the core and probe services via that tool. It has a tab "Start / Stop" to control the services.

Created on Jan 29, 2016 10:11:24 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I have both restarted the core services on the failover node as well as restarted the whole failove node server after the restart all the factory sensors on the master server shows all green but after some time it again goes grey.

Any ideas.

Regards Frank

Created on Jan 29, 2016 12:48:32 PM

Votes:

Dear Frank

If I am not mistaken, one of my colleagues is already in contact with you.

Created on Jan 29, 2016 1:19:13 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Yes he is in co-ordination with me.

Thanks Frank

Created on Jan 29, 2016 1:59:11 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.