What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can i know the PRTG remote engine ID?

Votes:

i need to use PRTG to monitor a Enterasys stack A4 switch. When i try to add a SNMP sensor to monitor de bandwith/traffic, i get an error regarding the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0.

I think i need to specify the remote ID in the switch, but i don't know where can i take this remote engine ID in the PRTG.

Could you help me, please?

enterasys id oid prtg remote snmptrafficsensor

Created on Jan 27, 2016 10:34:06 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear macom

1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 is an OID for the system uptime.

Please check if the standard SNMP Traffic sensor shows data on your switch. If you get no traffic data, please contact the manufacturer about the right MIB files and/or OIDs.

Created on Jan 28, 2016 1:20:57 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I'm having the same issue, I need the engine ID in the PRTG in order to link a Cisco small business switch and the server. I don't know where can i take this remote engine ID in the PRTG.

Created on Jun 20, 2018 7:21:37 PM

Votes:

Dear juanpa1017,

PRTG does not use engine IDs, an engine ID cannot put into PRTG, nor extracted out of PRTG.

Created on Jun 21, 2018 12:52:41 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.