What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Custom Log filter expect few or allow all

Votes:

Hi all,

I am newbie to thi PRTG tool. When receiving notifications from Servers, it receives notifications on event logs.

I would like to omit certain event logs from the notification. Currently logs filter dropdown showing with options of

ALL
Status Changes
System Events
Object History

The PRTG can allow a user to select only certain event logs to be notified about, however it does not have the option to allow all except certain logs. So the user has to either only select a few or allow all.

I would like to be able to allow all events except a few. How can I custom this dropdown filter?

eventlog filter logs prtg

Created on Jan 27, 2016 4:52:27 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Unfortunately to create a custom log filter is not possible,sorry.

Created on Jan 28, 2016 1:46:08 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Is it possible to customize your JAVASCRIPT, so that I can achieve the same. If Yes, which file I need to customize and what I need to customize on it?

Created on Feb 29, 2016 12:42:42 PM

Votes:

Hello,

To customize PRTG JavaScript files is possible but not officially supported, because the files are overwritten by each PRTG update.

Created on Mar 1, 2016 2:38:23 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.