What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMTP/POP3 email round trip sensor

Votes:

I have this working going out to a webmail account. The email that is sent is only text so it gets passed straight through without triggering our anti-virus/malware scanning.

Can the email be made to have an attachment (I want to send a Word document with a macro inside it). I specifically want to have the AV trigger as that is effectively a different email route. This will then also allow us to look for backlogs and delays on sending email with attachments.

attachment email imap pop3 round-trip sensor smtp

Created on Jan 28, 2016 11:56:34 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Sorry, the sensor has no option for attachments. It may be possible by creating a custom round trip sensor by setting up an EXE/Script Sensor using a PowerShell Script to send such email and interpret the reaction. Currently we have no out-of-the-box solution or similar script that already does this.

Kind regards.

Created on Jan 29, 2016 2:46:05 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.