What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

factory-sensor view

Votes:

Hi, I configured the sensor factory. The sensor looks like this:

OK

I was satisfied.

But when I do something, such as updating the page data obnavlyayutsya themselves, changing the priority channel, with a view of what is going on, and it becomes like this:

Not OK

Appears an average value I do not need the average value the sensor. As a result the sensors to the form as the first screenshot?

tnx

average factory-sensor prtg

Created on Jan 29, 2016 8:57:59 AM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
What is the channel definition for your sensor? And what precise version of PRTG are you using?

Created on Feb 1, 2016 3:24:29 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is SNMP Custom sensor. (Cisco Bandwidth SNMP Sensor from Port-Channel)

For exemple one sensor from Sensor Factory:

EDIT: Removed second screenshot

Created on Feb 2, 2016 6:02:18 AM

Last change on Feb 3, 2016 7:46:06 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Could it be that one of the sensors used in the factory sensor has very high readings? Are the division factors correct in the source sensor?

Created on Feb 3, 2016 7:48:42 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Now I checked all the sensors. All sensors have a division by 1000.

Sens For 4 sensors (ID 2,3,4,5) I use lookups

<Lookups>
		<SingleInt state = "OK" value = "20000">
			20 Gb / s (Up)
		</ SingleInt>
		<SingleInt state = "Error" value = "10000">
			10 Gb / s (Break)
		</ SingleInt>
	</ Lookups>

For other sensors (ID from 6 to 11), I use lookups <Lookups> <singleInt state="OK" value="2000"> 2 Gb/s (Up) </singleInt> <singleInt state="Error" value="1000"> 1 Gb/s (Break) </singleInt> </Lookups>

All sensors values obtained in the range of 1000 to 20,000

Created on Feb 4, 2016 6:55:43 AM

Votes:

I said on this <Could it be that one of the sensors used in the factory sensor has very high readings? Are the division factors correct in the source sensor?> , where's my answer?

Created on Feb 11, 2016 11:36:11 AM

Votes:

Hi,
so far everything you configured looks ok from my side. The average is shown automatically (cannot be changed). However, what exactly are the sensors showing? Is it the available link speed on a certain interface?

The value of 101 Gbit/s would have to be received by a source sensor, so is this reading correct or would this be because of an overflow on the target device?

Created on Feb 11, 2016 2:11:34 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sensor show this: Sens

It's Bandwidth from Port-channel

BW

Value of 101 Gbit/s - My devices (sensors) are not given to such values. Values can take between BW 100.000 Kbit / s to BW 20.000.000 Kbit / sec

Created on Feb 12, 2016 6:09:40 AM

Votes:

Normally I would say the 101 GBit/s would be an overflow issue but as you are querying a 64 bit counter this is more than unlikely. Does the source sensor (Po20 3850- ...) reflect this value as well? If not then it might be a transfer issue of values between source sensor and the Factory sensor.

Created on Feb 15, 2016 3:39:05 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sensor PO20 3850- does not reflect the 101 GBit/s value of such ... all sensors Values can take between BW 100.000 Kbit / s to BW 20.000.000 Kbit / sec

Decription for this OID for Cisco: An estimate of the interface's current bandwidth in units of 1,000,000 bits per second. If this object reports a value of `n' then the speed of the interface is somewhere in the range of `n-500,000' to `n+499,999'. For interfaces which do not vary in bandwidth or for those where no accurate estimation can be made, this object should contain the nominal bandwidth. For a sub-layer which has no concept of bandwidth, this object should be zero.

from http://cric.grenoble.cnrs.fr/Administrateurs/Outils/MIBS/?oid=1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.15

Created on Feb 16, 2016 12:27:06 PM

Votes:

Could you please open a support ticket with [email protected]?
Please refer to this thread and send the full channel definition of the Factory Sensor as well as the Historic Data for the time the value of 101 GBit was shown.

Created on Feb 17, 2016 7:57:27 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.