What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request - Support for MQTT

Votes:

I'd like to graph historical data from MQTT end points. I'm currently using the HTTP Push beta, but MQTT would work better for my environment. That means having to historical servers or abandoning PRTG.. Can you create a sensor that's a MQTT subscriber?

historical http-push mqtt

Created on Feb 1, 2016 8:08:39 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi all,

The first MQTT Round Trip Sensor is available, so you can start using it.

We are also working on more sensors using MQTT, stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 1, 2019 9:22:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi, any updates on this? Are there any plans to implement an MQTT sensor now? Would be a great feature. Kind regards

Created on Aug 1, 2016 7:58:52 AM

Votes:

@ProdIT: No, there are still no plans implementing MQTT.
Best regards

Created on Aug 1, 2016 1:10:40 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Maybe if we keep posting here Paessler will put the feature in their backlog. So I'm pushing on my side too :D

I discovered PRTG recently and love it. But parts of our systems uses MQTT to share theirs statistics and state, allowing PRTG to gather it would really help unifying our monitoring.

For your part, MQTT would open the IoT market for your product, which could be a great move (trying to seduce you)

Best regards

Created on Oct 18, 2017 1:52:52 PM

Votes:

I agree. I ended up using Mosquitto/Node-Red to convert the MQTT data into HTTP push for PRTG. mqttwarn works, too.

Created on Oct 19, 2017 12:37:46 PM

Votes:

Hi there,
your feedback is very welcome.

We're aware of this new niche, but don't have concrete plans for MQTT just yet. As @antinymldyls9e mentioned, for now using an intermediary solution like Mosquitto/Node-Red or mqttwarn and then converting the data to a PRTG-specific format is the best solution.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 2, 2017 12:59:47 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi you keep advertising to me on Facebook about using PRTG for home monitoring etc but you STILL don’t support MQTT?!

Do you have concrete plans yet? Should be pretty easy for people of your caliber!

Created on Jul 9, 2018 1:21:05 AM

Votes:

Hello, MQTT would be a great improvement. We are working with IOT devices and want to use PRTG to monitore this devices. Please keep on going to implement MQTT.

Created on Feb 11, 2019 11:27:05 AM

Votes:

Really interested in this as well. Looking to move a few sensors over to MQTT for a project that already uses PRTG to monitor and record status etc. Any updates?

Created on Nov 1, 2019 12:55:44 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi all,

The first MQTT Round Trip Sensor is available, so you can start using it.

We are also working on more sensors using MQTT, stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 1, 2019 9:22:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.