What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

EXECUTE HTTP ACTION not working

Votes:

I am getting a 404 when I try to use the EXECUTE HTTP ACTION. I want my monitor to start a Jenkins build via the web POST request

http://user:[email protected]/job/mybuild/build

This works fine when I do this via curl mechanism, but I cannot get this to work via PRTG EXECUTE HTTP ACTION. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this or troubleshoot this? I do not see anything in the logs when I do Test, I have to force a sensor to go down to see error in logs. The notification error is: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found which usually means the page or credentials have been mucked up. Any way to get the actual URL sent or has anyone used Jenkins remote API access with PRTG in the past?

jenkins notifications post

Created on Feb 1, 2016 10:04:54 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
Please try enabling Notification Delivery Logging. This might give you some insights on what exactly is happening here.
Best regards

Created on Feb 2, 2016 1:54:14 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.