What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User Group & AD - Default Homepage Does Not Stick

Votes:

Hello, We are using PRTG Network Monitor 15.4.20.4776 x64 and are trying to get a default homepage set for users of a specific group when they log in. This user group ties to Active Directory on a Windows 2008R2 Standard DC.

We have tried updating this user group setting with a new default homepage that points to a map we designed. Users of this group+AD can log into PRTG OK but their default homepage directs them to the generic welcome.htm - the user is not redirected to our map.

Our workflow to change the default homepage is as follows: Setup -> System Administration -> User Groups -> Edit -> (Newly Created User Group + AD Authentication) -> Default Homepage -> https://Xservername-or-IPX/map.htm?id=12345&tabid=1 -> Save

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

default-homepage prtg user-group

Created on Feb 3, 2016 3:08:15 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello!

When configuring the Group please enter the Default Homepage in the following format(relative, not absolute path):

Default Homepage/map.htm?id=8695&tabid=1

Please note that when working with AD groups, users which already have logged in once will have a different URL stored as Homepage, you can delete the Active Directory linked accounts and they'll be re-created using the correct map homepage on the next log-in.

Created on Feb 4, 2016 1:44:31 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

This worked great. I first changed the Default Homepage of the Group to the relative path and that did not correct - I then deleted the AD user and logged back in with a test account, the Homepage has now updated to the correct relative path/map. I believe this solves my issue and everything looks great!

Thanks again for the quick advice!

Created on Feb 4, 2016 1:54:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.