What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Factory Sensor error"At least one source channel is paused or has no data"

Votes:

Hi

I have some "Packet sniffing sensor" I used "sensor factory sensor" to sum http traffic of each channel but Since the Remote Probe is on each Computer when one of the owner of the computer turn it off the sensor factory sensor return this error"At least one source channel is paused or has no data" how should I solve this problem .because it is possible that by randome every owner of the computer turn his device off and I have to change my formula :

("#1:Inbound HTTP Traffic
(channel(2793,1001)+channel(2692,1001)+channel(2873,1001)+channel(2965,1001)+channel(2990,1001)+channel(2743,1001)+channel(2848,1001)+channel(2901,1001))) 

change is there any way to get sum of other up computers without any change(removing id of down computers from my formula) in my formula?

formula packet-sniffer sensor-factory-sensor

Created on Feb 8, 2016 12:45:54 PM

Last change on Feb 8, 2016 12:59:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

You can try using the following option in the sensor Settings: "If a sensor has no data -> Calculate the factory channels and use zero as source value", to avoid the sensor from going into error state.

However, the sensor will still stay in warning state, showing the same message. That behavior is intentional as the factory formula which you entered cannot be completely computed if some of the channel data is missing. Since the sensor does not get the complete data defined in the formula, it is considered as "not okay" and it is not possible to exclude this kind of warnings from the Factory sensors.

Best regards

Created on Feb 9, 2016 3:54:36 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.