What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom Report Template - swap table info

Votes:

Hello,

I created a new report template, based off the 'B11 Graph Only - 24h' template, which makes a call to 'Graph plus 365day graph'.

In 'Graph plus 365day graph' there is this line: <#report type="averagetable" repnodeid="<@subid>" repsensid="<@objectid>" avg="<@tableaverage>" sdate="<@start>" edate="<@end>">

In the report that table will display in the in/out traffic average speed, 95th percentile (if I select to show it) and the Total Kbytes.

I would like to swap that Total Kbytes with the Maximum Speed in that table.

If you click on a sensor, it brings you to the sensor page which seems to call on sensor.htm. In the tables there it shows the in/out traffic Last Value (volume) Last Value (speed) Minimum Maximum. Can't find the line where it calls these.

Anyway, I'm wondering if someone can tell me what file is being called for the table in the 'Graph plus 365day graph', so I can create a copy, and if I can swap the maximum value being called under sensor.htm (Also, if someone can tell me what file is being called for the table with the maximum under sensor.htm) with the total kbytes under the 'Graph plus 365day graph' table.

Thanks.

custom-report data-table html prtg15 reports reporttemplates

Created on Feb 9, 2016 3:48:08 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear crwood

Please look at \webroot\includes\histloop.htm

It contains this part:

<tr class="even">
	<td class="title"><#objectproperty type="avgvaluelabel" usetz="1" clgid="<@clgid>"></td>
	<td colspan=6><#objectproperty type="avgvalue" usetz="1" clgid="<@clgid>"></td>
</tr>
<tr class="odd">
	<td class="title"><#objectproperty type="sumvaluelabel" usetz="1" clgid="<@clgid>"></td>
	<td colspan=6><#objectproperty type="sumvalue" usetz="1" clgid="<@clgid>"></td>
</tr>

If you swap these <tr> nodes, you also swap the order of the average value and the total sum. This is a PRTG file which is not intended to be modified. If you edit it, please remember to copy the edited file back after each PRTG software update.

Created on Feb 11, 2016 2:17:50 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just curious, but how would swapping those <tr> nodes swap the maximum value (speed - kbits/sec) for the sum value (volume - kbits)?

Created on Feb 11, 2016 3:43:08 PM

Votes:

Dear crwood

For clarity, please provide a screenshot showing the sections you want to have swapped.

Created on Feb 11, 2016 4:54:15 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, so if I run the 'B11 Graph Only - 24h' template I get this.

24h graph.

Now if you click on a sensor, it brings you to a summary screen which has the following table.

Sensor Table.

What I want is to get the maximum value where the total value is in the 'B11 Graph Only - 24h' template. Mind you I created a new B11 Graph Only -24h as well as a new 'Graph plus 365day graph' so I could do it without messing up the original templates. Basically, I'm trying to make monthly reports and would like to get a monthly value of the maximum speed to go with the B11 Graph Only - 24h template.

Created on Feb 11, 2016 6:50:53 PM

Votes:

Dear crwood

Thank you for the clarification. I am sorry, this is not possible. The maximum value shown in the sensor overview is the global maximum, which could (and often would) be different from the maximum of the report time frame. Even if that would be okay with you, there is no placeholder containing the global maximum for inclusion in reports.

Created on Feb 12, 2016 12:55:56 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.