What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

add new snmp library for msa 2040

Votes:

Hi to all i download MIB file for MSA 2040 from hp site and convert it to oidlib format with MIB Importer v3.4.8 i add san storage too prtg version 15 and then add new snmp sensor and choice snmp library and select new oidlib that i created it. wen i add it , this error was showed :

No such object (SNMP error # 222)

i test it with snmp ver2 and 3

can you help me ?

hp mib msa-2040 oidlib snmp-library snmp-sensor

Created on Feb 9, 2016 4:06:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear mbayatani

Please clarify: Do you get this error during the SNMP Library creation process, so that no sensor is created? Or are you getting sensors, which then in turn show this error?

Created on Feb 11, 2016 1:42:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi and thank you for your attention, i get this error during the SNMP Library creation process. if its possible to send image here , i can show screen shot of server process here.

Created on Feb 14, 2016 2:01:57 PM

Votes:

Dear mbayatani

Please contact [email protected] If you get the "No such object (SNMP error # 222)" error message, it seems like the device on which you are trying to add the sensors does not offer any of the OIDs of the OIDLIB.

You can check that if you open the OIDLIB file in a text editor. Please also use the SNMP Tester and enter the device address, SNMP community string and version as provided on the "Settings" tab of the PRTG device you try to add the SNMP Library sensors to.

Now please use the tester to perform a Walk on the OID 1.3.6.1

This will take a while, the SNMP Tester could become unresponsive in that time, but should eventually recover. Please save the output log and compare with the OIDLIB file, if the output log contains any of the OIDs found in the OIDLIB.

Created on Feb 15, 2016 12:36:11 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.