What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Create ticket with email

Votes:

I'm new to PRTG and network monitoring in general. As I grasp some of the concepts I have some questions. I would like to generate a ticket when a email is sent regarding technical issues from our end user who will not be using PRTG. I looked into creating a user then limiting them to creating tickets only but to this point unable to make that happen. Open to any ideas as to accomplish this. TIA

emails tickets users

Created on Feb 10, 2016 4:49:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Since your end user sends you emails about technical issues, you could use an IMAP Sensor that scans an inbox and alerts you when mails from this sender arrives and maybe contains specific keywords. Personally I would advice to streamline this process by agreeing to always send those emails to the same address and maybe use a specific form and/or certain keywords so that you can set those filters in the sensor. Furthermore you can then create a notification that creates a ticket in PRTG as soon as the sensor finds a new email matching these criteria.

Kind regards.

Created on Feb 12, 2016 12:34:50 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.