What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Make PRTG external available

Votes:

Hi,

We want to make PRTG externally available for our organization, but we facing some problems with that.

i setup the Administration console with all the external options, external DNS name and HTTPS enabled, after that is forwarded the webserver with SSL Offloading from our NetScaler DMZ server.

The websites respons external, but after an logon attempt, the webserver tries to redirect to the internal web when i click on the logon button.

Is there an setting that i need to change that says that after an succesfull login he redirects to the external A record instead of the internal netbios?

Also a little bit strange, the PRTG app from the IOS appstore works external...

Thank you.

Regards, Christiaan

external https netscaler prtg

Created on Feb 11, 2016 9:18:26 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It is solved. An restart of the core service solved the problem. But i did config anything new..

Thanks!

Created on Feb 11, 2016 1:41:45 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Christiaan

Have you already had a look at "System Administration" - "User Interface" (or "webinterface") and then DNS Name? There you need to enter the external DNS Name for it. Then restart the core service.

regards Thomas

Created on Feb 11, 2016 12:52:17 PM

Votes:

Hi Thomas,

Yes, it stands on the external adres. Can there be more internal server name settings? Maybe in the config files?

Regards, Christiaan

Created on Feb 11, 2016 1:13:57 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It is solved. An restart of the core service solved the problem. But i did config anything new..

Thanks!

Created on Feb 11, 2016 1:41:45 PM

Votes:

How to solve 99% of all IT problems: Have you tried to turn it off and on again ;)

Created on Feb 11, 2016 2:38:40 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.