What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sflow cisco config example

Votes:

I'm Trying to get sflow working with a cisco 4500.

The sflow tester is receiving faild packets. already set it to sflow v5 and took out the long attributes and the counter values but i can't get it to won't work.

do you have a sample config for cisco?

my current config is very basic:

flow exporter export1 destination 192.168.1.124 export-protocol netflow-v5 transport udp 1234

! flow record record1 match ipv4 source address match ipv4 destination address match ipv4 protocol collect ipv4 protocol collect transport destination-port collect transport source-port ! flow monitor monitor1 record record1 exporter export1 cache timeout active 60 cache timeout inactive 30 cache entries 1000

! interface GigabitEthernet 3/25 ip flow monitor monitor1 input

cisco sflow sniffer

Created on Feb 17, 2016 3:24:49 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Stijn

We don't have sample configurations. Are you getting only failed packets, or just a lot of them? Please send a screenshot of the sFlow tester. If you like to have some privacy regarding this, please contact [email protected] and attach the screenshot as file attachment.

Created on Feb 18, 2016 12:48:02 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.