What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to setup IMAP sensor with Gmail

Votes:

Kind users of PRTG,

how can i setup an IMAP sensor so it will read my backup emails from Windows backup send to this Gmail account. i have followed the manual underneath. But i t still gives the error code Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused. What am i doing wrong? should i setup the IMAP somewhere else? or is it just on the sensor.

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/47023-how-can-i-monitor-my-backup-software-to-be-sure-backup-succeeded-last-night

error imap prtg

Created on Feb 19, 2016 1:29:08 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Dennie

Please check the gmail setting "Access for less secure apps". Please enable that option. Is the sensor now working?

Created on Feb 22, 2016 1:30:03 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.