What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I get my event log sensor to stay DOWN?

Votes:

Hi.

I've set up an API Event log sensor which monitors for a certain ID and has an upper limit of 0 so when ever a certain event occurs the sensor goes red with a DOWN status. Problem is that 60 seconds when a new scan has occurred it goes green again :(

So how can I configure the API sensor to stay down? The event warning I want to monitor for is an Exchange back presure event which stops the delivery of e-mails for a period of time or until the Transport service is restarted. I understand that the best would be to dig into the resource problem which causes the back pressure to kick ind but alas that is not possible at the moment so I just want to make sure that I stops the fire from spreading for the time being.

Alternatively if anyone has dealt with this kind of problem another way then please let me know :)

Best Thomas

eventlog exchange pressure

Created on Feb 26, 2016 2:19:08 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

This sensor should be what you're looking for :)

Created on Feb 29, 2016 10:18:04 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 16, 2016 3:16:47 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan.

Thansk for your answer, but it seems to me like the link doesn't work :(

Created on Mar 16, 2016 9:36:42 AM

Votes:

Now it does, sorry!

Created on Mar 16, 2016 3:16:53 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.