What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Config sflow switch alcatel 6850

Votes:

- I want monitor switch alcatel 6850 by sflow protocol.
- I configed on switch by command:

sflow agent ip X.X.X.X (IP switch alcatel)
sflow receiver 1 version 5 address X.X.X.X (IP PRTG monitor)
sflow sampler 1 1/1-24
sflow poller 1 1/1-24

- And I add sensor on PRTG but it not working.

I need your help!!

alcatelswitch interface sflow

Created on Feb 29, 2016 3:34:06 AM

Last change on Mar 1, 2016 12:41:27 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

To which port are you sending the sFLOW traffic? PRTG's sFlow sensors use port 6343 by default(Can be modified within the sensor's settings).

In order to find out if proper and compatible Sflow packets are arriving at the PRTG host (or host of the Remote Probe), please use our Sflow Tester: Paessler sFlow Tester

You'll need to either use a different port in the sFlow Tester or pause any sensors in which may be using that port in PRTG before using the tester.

Please share a screen-shot or the logs from the Sflow Tester.

Best Regards,

Created on Mar 1, 2016 12:44:58 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi, tks for answer with you. Can you help me one difference question? I have router core cisco 7606-S, I want monitor traffic interface outside by netflow v9 "interface egress" but it not working. I see traffic inside "interface ingress" on PRTG. I think platform is not support. I config monitor interface tunnel, phuysical interface, interface vlan.... I need your help config router? Tks very much!!

Created on Dec 27, 2016 3:25:00 AM

Votes:

Hi Nguyen,
thank you for your reply.

Please note that we're not able to provide device-specific set-up instructions. Once you've got the standard Netflow sensor working (and this mostly refers to the device's configuration, outside PRTG) and want to use custom rules to capture ingress or egress traffic, please refer to:

The following KB-Post also addresses the Ingress x Egress difference:

Created on Dec 27, 2016 8:30:01 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.