What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Displaying SNMP return value on map

Votes:

Dear,

This is probably a stupid question...

I recently added an IP temperature/humidity sensor to my PRTG config over SNMP. In the device overview, I have 3 sensor for this device. (Uptime, Temperature and Humidity) Both Temperature and Humidity return a string value as message. (example: "19.3" and "28.1")

Now I would like to show these value on a map, but when I drag and drop them on a "live graph" or "2 day graph" - the graph only show the response time of this sensor, to the value of it. How can I configure the graph that it woulds show my value instead of the reponse time of the sensor?

Is there a way that I can use the value of these sensors (temp, humid) as a "custom HTML" object? For example: <p><#valueofsensor2112#></p>

Thank you for the feedback!

Regards, Frederik

prtg value

Created on Feb 29, 2016 9:11:24 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

If you use the "SNMP Custom String" sensor, in order to display a sensor message in a map, you can try one of the following map objects: Status Icons -> "Sensor Message only..." or "Sizeable Icon on Status Related Background".

Best regards

Created on Mar 1, 2016 2:50:29 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.