What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to add Custom SNMP Library for IBM BladeCentre H

Votes:

Hi @all,

I´m trying to implement our IBM BladeCenter H into PRTG with Problems. The MIB is out of the actual AMM Firmware (bpet66p), AMM is also up-to-date.

I imported the partial MIB with MIB importer to "\snmplibs", added a new sensor to the BladeCenter and choose the correct OIDLIB and PRTG imports the OIDS (Sensors).

Now i can select the Sensors i want by clicking the Checkboxes and the button "next". So PRTG wants to save changes and the following Messages turned up:

1. Ajax WebInterface Error: 03456
  2. Lost Connection to PRTG-Server: PE1114, timeout

Only restarting PRTG Core-Server can restore PRTG.

• Could you help me or give me a reason why this error occurs?
  • How did you implement BCH in PRTG?

Best regards

bladecentre freeze hangs ibm snmp-library

Created on Mar 1, 2016 7:58:36 AM

Last change on Mar 2, 2016 1:42:21 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there, thank you for your contact.

Your description leads me to believe that you're performing the right steps. As for what happens afterwards, it looks like the server/web interface are crashing for some reason when you click "next".

We'll need a screenshot from the issue/error, the MIB and oidlib file(s) and a support bundle from PRTG, this will allow us to understand what is happening. I kindly ask that you open a ticket and contact us for further investigation, this sort of troubleshooting can't be done here as you're unable to attach/upload files in the knowledge base. Please mention this KB-entry when contacting us.

Best Regards,

Created on Mar 2, 2016 1:46:30 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.