What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to access PRTG from a browser on my laptop?

Votes:

Hi All,

I have installed and configured PRTG Network monitor on a VM (which is running through Microsoft Hyper-V).

When I performed the initial installation I configured the 'primary probe' on the loopback I.P. address of 127.0.0.1.

SNMP data gathering is working fine however I would now like to access the sensor data through a browser on my laptop directly (rather than logging onto the VM using RDP).

How can I go about enabling access to the PRTG using a browser from my laptop?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

David

access-point browser prtg

Created on Mar 8, 2016 3:15:35 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Mr. Davo

please logon to the PRTG master installation. Open PRTG Administration tool an look on tab "Web Server". there you have to tick, "Select Ip Addresses for PRTG Web Server" - ALL IP's. I am sure sure that Localhost only is enabled at the moment (default)

regards Thomas

Created on Mar 8, 2016 2:53:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.