What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Core Server service won't start

Votes:

Hi,

i tried to install the demo version on a Windows 7 PC. But the core Server service is not starting.

PRTG Version is 16.1.22.2391

Error message: Signature of C:\Program Files(x86)\ PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Server.exe is not vaild.

I tried several things:

- install addtrustexternalcaroot done - no success - new installation - no success - IP for Webserver set to localhost and port 80 - no success

Within the Applicaiton Log file i only can see Event ID 0

Please help that i can test this tool.

many thanks

error prtg server

Created on Mar 9, 2016 9:57:47 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Have you tried already everything mentioned in this thread?

Kind regards.

Created on Mar 10, 2016 1:35:04 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I did, the Latest Microsoft Root Authority is installed, i also installed the AddTrust External CA Root certificate. But the service didn't start.

Created on Mar 10, 2016 1:57:02 PM

Votes:

Hi Thomas,

You've got email.

Kind regards.

Created on Mar 10, 2016 3:01:30 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.