What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow Monitor not working after adding Custom Toplist

Votes:

Hello,

Been using PRTG for a while now and just recently set up the NetFlow V9 probe. Everything was working great until today when I decided to add a new custom TopList.

Once I added the custom Toplist (Destination ASI) the probe color turned from green to gray and stopped receiving data altogether.

I removed the custom Toplist but I can't get the other Toplists (Top Talkers/etc.) to resume receiving data. I tried pausing/unpausing but still no dice. I eventually just deleted the probe altogether and recreated it but it no longer works at all.

I ended up rebooting the machine and now it just tells me "This sensor has not received any data since startup."

Any idea how to get this working again?

netflow probe prtg

Created on Mar 23, 2016 4:22:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear techthroway

Please use our Netflow tester to check if flows are actually sent to the computer. Even though your Netflow sensor is grey, plause manually pause it before you start the Netflow tester. Are you getting compatible flows via the tester?

Created on Mar 24, 2016 12:01:26 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.