What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

One-Time Maintenance Window and inherited maintenance windows

Votes:

Hello,

I found out, when I set an one-time maintenance window, PRTG set the window in the sensor settings and deactivate the inheritance of maintenance windows which comes from the parent groups for example. That's at least not a problem, but PTRG doesn't reactivate the inheritance after the maintenance window.

Is there a way to let PRTG do that after the maintenance window? Or do I have to take care to reactivate the inheritance by myself?

Thanks very much!

Matthias

inheritance maintenance maintenance-windows

Created on Mar 29, 2016 1:53:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Kindly note that "Dependencies, schedules and maintenance windows" always pause all sensors inside a group/device. This pausing is always inherited to all sub-objects and the inheritance cannot be disabled. So, you don't need to reactivate the inheritance.

Best regards

Created on Mar 31, 2016 4:21:27 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.