What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is Cisco IOS Flexible Netflow (FNF) Supported in PRTG latest version?

Votes:

Hello, I am trying to setup FNF on a Cisco 2921 Router. Is this Flexible Netflow Version 9 supported? I am trying to capture MPLS Interface traffic. I am working with Cisco currently, but so far only able to get traditional Netflow version 9 working.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

cisco-router flexible-netflow mpls netflow-v9

Created on Mar 30, 2016 1:39:03 PM

Last change on Apr 7, 2016 9:28:08 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This worked for me to get Flexible Netflow working with PRTG. It could prove helpful to other users until PRTG fully supports Flexible Netflow

http://51sec.blogspot.ca/2015/02/flexible-netflow-fnf-configuration-for.html

Created on Apr 6, 2016 3:25:52 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

PRTG Currently supports two variants of Netflow: Netflow v5 and Netflow v9, but Flexible Netflow is currently not supported I'm afraid.

I'm also able to confirm that there is no ongoing/scheduled task to support this feature, as we haven't had many requests for this, we try to focus on features which would benefit the largest amount of customers possible.

Best Regards,

Created on Mar 31, 2016 6:00:31 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Mar 31, 2016 6:00:38 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

+1 for this feature to be added to PRTG.

Created on Apr 6, 2016 12:57:25 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This worked for me to get Flexible Netflow working with PRTG. It could prove helpful to other users until PRTG fully supports Flexible Netflow

http://51sec.blogspot.ca/2015/02/flexible-netflow-fnf-configuration-for.html

Created on Apr 6, 2016 3:25:52 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing your solution, I'm sure that this is going to help a lot of PRTG users!

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 7, 2016 5:43:04 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.