What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Icon Status

Votes:

Hello,

I'm trying to create a a new map and i'm having an issue with icons. In one of the sample maps a "Internet cloud" icon is shown and it is bright green. I would like to have a similar icon in my custom map that is bright green when the internet device is reporting as up and then gray or red when the device is down. I am able to locate the icon in the custom map I am creating add it with the internet device. However it just stays grey. Is there any way I can have this icon change color depending on status similar to the way this seems to be set up in the sample map? Thank you.

icons map prtg status

Created on Mar 30, 2016 5:16:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Santino, thank you for your post.

The default added icons are static, they don't change color. But it is possible to create custom status-aware icons to be used within maps. Please follow the link for a tutorial/explanation.

Best Regards,

Created on Apr 1, 2016 7:40:59 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Apr 1, 2016 7:41:07 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.