What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

License / Renewal / Upgrade

Votes:

If I weer to buy 2,500 sensor license is that forever or does that license need to be renewed per year or after a specific length of time?

Also if for some reason I needed to add more than 2500 sensors can I go up to the next plan as an uprade instead of a new purchase?

Thank you

license renewal upgrade

Created on Mar 31, 2016 1:54:49 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello vwoitk, thank you for your post.

When you make a purchase, there are two 'objects':

• The PRTG License, which is perpetual for concurrent use in a Single PRTG Core Server
  • The included software maintenance, which can be from 1-3 years in 1 year increments

The license is for a lifetime, it entitles you to use the purchased version forever, no strings attached. The "software maintenance" on the other hand is for a certain period, it entitles you to Priority Tech Support(via E-mail/ticket) and to download any newly released version of PRTG released during the covered period.

And yes, if you own a 2,500 sensor's license you can upgrade to a higher license instead of renewing it's maintenance once it expired. For sales/pricing related questions don't hesitate to contact our sales team or contact one of our partners in your region.

Our F.A.Q. also clears some license-related questions:
https://www.paessler.com/support/faqs

Best Regards,

Created on Apr 1, 2016 8:26:21 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.