What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Logging value from SNMP library lookup

Votes:

I am monitoring our Server room with a APC Netbotz 450 and have imported the mib file into PRTG. I would like to see a history of the temperature and humidity but only response time and downtime is shown when looking the the sensor. The lookup is only displaying the last value of the lookup. Is this possible?

apc snmp snmplibrary

Created on Apr 3, 2016 10:56:12 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

I wrote you an email in order to send us the MIB file to take a look at it.

Kind regards.

Created on Apr 5, 2016 8:24:15 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Afternoon,

I have the same Netbotz device and I am currently deploying PRTG. I too cannot seem to get any useful information from the APC into PRTG. Was there ever solution for this?

Created on Jun 3, 2016 11:59:32 AM

Votes:

using the mib file, the temprature/humidity sensors are imported in as custom string. I used the OID from these to create snmp sensors (not string) and everything is working now.

Created on Jun 3, 2016 12:51:29 PM

Last change on Jun 3, 2016 1:25:49 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Yes, that was it, as Adam pointed out. It is possible to monitor the device using the MIB combined with an SNMP Library Sensor for example or an SNMP Custom Advanced Sensor which is also capable of monitoring several metrics in different channels.

In case you need assistance with specific details, please let us know.

Kind regards.

Created on Jun 6, 2016 8:23:07 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

All good thanks. This is now working as I'd hoped.

Next challenge is ESXi monitoring. Information seems to be scattered around and nothing specifically related. If I get stuck I post another thread. Thanks for the assistance with the Netbotz.

Created on Jun 6, 2016 12:57:10 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.