What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Pages printed suddenly not working on random devices

Votes:

Yesterday evening at 5:30pm I replaced a switch. All was working fine afterwards - for a while. At 6:50pm four of our printers stopped reading the Total Pages Printed snmp setting. Just four of them - there are about a dozen other printers that are still reading that setting just fine. The ping sensor is working properly, I can get into the GUI of the printers, and doing a sensor discovery detects plenty of other snmp sensors I can add. But pages printed is not one of them.

Obviously this has something to do with swapping the switch out, but I have no clue what in the world it could be.

Any suggestions on where to start?

prtg snmp total-printed-pages

Created on Apr 5, 2016 11:40:42 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

I further tested things out by walking the OIDs. While I could get a huge list of other OIDs the ones in the area of Total Pages Printed would not enumerate.

In the end I hard power cycled the printers and the sensors started working again. One of the oddest things I've run into.

Created on Apr 6, 2016 10:07:18 AM

Votes:

That is indeed weird - glad to hear a simple reboot resolved in the end :)

Created on Apr 7, 2016 2:23:45 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.