What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Will you develop the remote probe for Windows 10 IoT Core?

Votes:

Windows 10 IoT Core runs a very limited subset of Win32 applications and I don't know of a way to get the existing remote probe to function on it. My goal is to be able to use Raspberry Pi devices to monitor my nation-wide network from various points. PRTG is an excellent monitoring platform and I really enjoy the ability to monitor so many different services and extract so many metrics from a variety of standpoints using the remote probes. I would love for you to extend this capability to Windows 10 IoT Core so that I could have inexpensive appliances to place around my network and be able to monitor things like how quickly a webpage loads or DNS responds from a different part of the country. Is this something you're either currently working on or planning to support in the future?

appliance feature-request new-software-version raspberry-pi remote-probe windows-10

Created on Apr 6, 2016 12:55:19 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
Currently there are no plans to develop a probe for Win 10 IoT. However, when you want to use a Raspberry, you might have a look at the Python Mini Probe over at GitHub.
Best regards

Created on Apr 7, 2016 1:39:09 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, has anything changed on this topic meanwhile? Do you develop or plan to develop a "Remote Probe on Windows 10 IoT"?

Created on Jan 29, 2018 7:58:24 PM

Votes:

While it's planned to make the Probe available on multiple platforms, there is no ETA or proof of concept of this, yet (i.e. we don't know if it actually works).

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 30, 2018 11:33:06 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am also putting in my vote for a Windows IoT probe.

Created on Feb 1, 2018 5:21:14 PM

Votes:

I am also putting in my vote for a Windows IoT PRTG. Can we get a new status?

Thank you!

Created on Aug 10, 2019 1:10:22 PM

Votes:

Unfortunately, this topic hasn't advanced in the recent past due to other aspects of PRTG requiring our attiontion :( Sorry, still no ETA!

Created on Aug 12, 2019 6:21:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 12, 2019 6:21:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.