What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Pixelated QR code printing

Votes:

Hi All,

I'm attempting to print a bunch of QR codes using the hidden qr code feature within PRTG. For some reason no matter what device or browser I print from or to they are always coming out pixilated and unusable. I've attempted printing from Chrome and Safari on a Mac to a Brother QL-720NW and a Ricoh MP C5503. I have also attempted from Chrome on a 8.1 machine to both printers again.

The codes look ok on screen but don't scale when zoomed or seem to scale correctly when printed. Any suggestions to try and get around this ? We too would like to deploy labels onto some hardware, however at this stage they can't be read.

Cheers,

Nick

printing qr-code resolution

Created on Apr 6, 2016 11:30:40 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello Nick,

In order to print QR-codes for devices in PRTG, please have a look at this article.

Created on Apr 7, 2016 2:19:25 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hi Jochen,

I was using that method to print the QR codes already. I've attached an example of what they look like when they are printed, they also show up like this if I print to PDF. I have experimented with different px sizes and margins with no success yet.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=eqxfg5z3.2al.jpg

Created on Apr 7, 2016 8:18:53 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Please try to use the "width" and "height" parameters in the url. Please find an example below: https://yourprtgserver/devices-qr.htm?id=group_or_probe&width=150px&height=150px&margin=50px Does the scaling now correct?

Created on Apr 15, 2016 6:18:40 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hi Jochen,

Yes that helps, but not significantly. I suspect that it might be due to the QR codes being presented as a smart objects on the web page more so than a image or vector. Would this be something better preformed through the API potentially ?

Created on Apr 28, 2016 3:31:27 AM

Votes:

Hello Nick,

Our development team work hard to fix this as soon as possible. We currently do not yet know when this bug is fixed.

Created on Apr 28, 2016 1:11:57 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

hi,

sorry for digging out that , but I had this trouble and managed to get not pixelated tags but yet the android app seem unable to load my account. It zoom in/out softly in a loop then eventually end taking a shot of a blur tag.

any clue on a quick fix? or ETa on a fix from dev team?

thanks.

Created on Jun 2, 2016 8:44:47 AM

Votes:

Hello

What exact url you use to generate the qr codes? Does the qr codes works with the IOS App?

Created on Jun 2, 2016 2:03:41 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.