What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cluster Failover Not Syncing

Votes:

Hi,

I have just set up a simple Master/Failover cluster in PRTG. The Master is operating correctly and the cluster health is green but the sensors I have on the master (which have been moved from Local Probe in to Cluster Probe) are not synchronizing.

I understand this should have initially taken a few minutes maybe but it has been a while now and the only thing visible under Cluster Probe on the Failover is the standard/default Cluster Probe Device.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Phill

cluster failover prtg synchronization

Created on Apr 7, 2016 3:01:31 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Please forward us also a Support Bundle from the failover node for analysis. This can be done via the "Contact Support" ribbon in the lower right corner of the failover node´s web interface. Please enter this ticket's case number when submitting the Bundle. In case the web interface is not accessible, please open the "PRTG Administration Tool" and send us the Log Files from the tab card "Logs and Infos".

Please also send a few screenshots to [email protected] showing: - On the Webinterface of the Master: The "Setup"->"System Administration"->"Cluster"-Page - On the Webinterface of the Master: The "Setup"->"PRTG Status"->"Cluster Status"-Page - The "Cluster"-Tab of the "PRTG Administration"-Tool of the Master Node - The "Cluster"-Tab of the "PRTG Administration"-Tool of the Failover Node

Please refer to this kB post.

Created on Apr 8, 2016 3:30:03 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.