What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Edit Default Mail Template

Votes:

Hi,

We've just moved to PRTG v16 from an older version and it looks like we've lost the ability to customise the email notification content.

Does anyone know how to edit the default mail template?

Thanks, David.

email prtg template

Created on Apr 11, 2016 10:32:09 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Email templates are located on the server under teh PRTG Network Monitor installation folder in "\webroot\mailtemplates"

Created on Apr 12, 2016 6:21:12 PM

Votes:

Additionally, if you want to use customized mail templates, have a look at this :)

Created on Apr 12, 2016 7:32:38 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried changing the content of the templates but they appear to have no effect.

I've tried changing the mail_notification.txt file to the extent where it was blank and I seen no change in the email notification format.

We're finding that the default template contains a lot of information that isn't needed so I'd want to remove some of it.

I had a look at the other article but it seems like a lot of work for something that was quite straight forward in previous PRTG versions!

Thanks, David.

Created on Apr 12, 2016 7:47:02 PM

Votes:

I agree, setting it up in the first place is a bit complex, but working with it afterwards should be easy :) Have you tried to restart the PRTG Core Server service so the templates get reloaded properly?

Created on Apr 13, 2016 6:22:53 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Yes I rebooted the server and also stopped the core services from the console - the change in the template doesn't take effect which is a bit annoying.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, David

Created on Apr 13, 2016 6:56:04 AM

Votes:

Do you want the content of the template to change within the webinterface? Or is the change not visible in the notification mail itself?

Created on Apr 13, 2016 1:41:00 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I'd want to change the content of the mail notifications. Any change I make to the mail_notification.txt is not reflected in the emails.

Created on Apr 13, 2016 1:42:30 PM

Votes:

Can't really reproduce it - any change made to the mail_notification.txt is immediately reflected after editing and testing the notification... are you running the latest PRTG version?

Created on Apr 14, 2016 11:00:53 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You need to edit mail_notification.txt, not emailtemplate_txt_body.htm. The latter one is for the text only portion of HTML mails, not bare text mails.

Created on Jun 14, 2016 7:04:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.