What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor folder

Votes:

Hello,

I have a problem with a folder sensor. I want monitoring how is older a file in a folder. I have setting a sensor on my server 2012 R2 using path e$\test

I have create a file txt of some Kb and the sensor go successfully where I see the dimension of the file and every information that the sensor can give me.

But if I try copy in that folder a larger file, the sensor go in error and I lost all information and in the table of live graph return me all fields with value "Error" and the sensor go down with message "file too old", then if I remove the file from the folder and remain the txt file the sensor return in up state.

There is a way to view a log for that sensor for understand the reason of this problem? I have try the check permission on file etc. but without results.

folder prtg sensor

Created on Apr 13, 2016 2:18:38 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Trueblue

Please check the channel limit for the file age. If you remove or deactivate those limits, does the sensor now work as expected?

Created on Apr 15, 2016 11:58:54 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes i remove the limit age and the sensor read correct and return me the value.

Created on Apr 20, 2016 7:30:30 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.