What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Could not retrieve passhash - Android N

Votes:

Hi,

I keep getting the error stating that "could not retrieve passhash" when trying to login via the PRTG Mobile App for Android. I am using Android N Developer Preview 2 and understand that this may be the cause, but I figured I'd let you know so that this can be corrected before the new OS comes out.

I have tested connecting into my PRTG server via the browser and it works perfectly. In addition, I have done the API call for getpasshash through the browser and I do get the hash back properly.

Could you look into this and let me know if you find a solution? Thanks!

android hash passhash prtg-mobile

Created on Apr 13, 2016 9:17:01 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This is due to some changes in Android N's SSL library, requiring a fix in the PRTG server. It's been fixed in the PRTG Preview channel, so it should arrive in Stable before Google releases the final version of Android N.

Created on Apr 14, 2016 8:07:43 AM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Votes:

Thanks for the info! I did update our server to "16.1.22.1932+ [Preview]", but I'm still getting the same passhash error. Is there a newer version of the preview in which it is fixed?

Created on Apr 14, 2016 1:56:15 PM

Votes:

The fix is in 16.2.23.3265/3266. If the app still doesn't connect on Android-N after updating to that version, please let us know!

Created on Apr 14, 2016 2:32:43 PM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Votes:

Thanks Matt! Works perfectly now!

Created on Apr 14, 2016 3:06:18 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.