What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Availability of my infrastructure in on measure

Votes:

Hello,

is it possible to get a summary report of my infrastructure?

My CEO wants a short overview of all important things.

He dont want to have a report on every item. He is intrested in a summary - for example the avereage availability of all switches on one site.

It would be also great if I can get the availability of all the devices shown in a map in one number.

Is that possible?

availability measure reports

Created on Apr 14, 2016 8:15:25 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

You can get there by using the available reporting options. When interpreting data however you need to keep in mind that when sensors indicated "down" states it does not necessarily mean that the device has not been up, since it could be related to something else causing the device to not being reachable for PRTG, like a switch in-between for example.

See also this thread.

Kind regards.

Created on Apr 15, 2016 2:39:21 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.