What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG 3Com Switch

Votes:

Hello,

i would like to monitor the port statistics from 3Com Switch 5500G-EI (now HP) wich are showing in webinterface. These statistics are not the same if i do SNMP bandwith with input/output errors. Over SNMP bandwith sensors i see no errors but the webinterface of 3Com switchcounts input/output errors. I have tested some MIBs found in www but with no success.

Best Reguards H.Bernd

port statistics switch

Created on Apr 15, 2016 7:20:22 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Are the error channels at 0 or are they simply not there? Are they actually enabled within the sensor settings? Do you use VLANs by any chance?

Created on Apr 18, 2016 12:21:51 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

the error channels are all at 0. They actually enabled within the sensor settings and we have some VLANs. But all ports belongs to VLAN 1 and over VLAN 1 works PRTG.

Created on Apr 18, 2016 1:06:20 PM

Votes:

It's possible that the errors happened some time ago and the graphs in the device are actually volume channels (they accumulate over time) while PRTG only shows the current values. Is that a possibility?

Created on Apr 19, 2016 1:13:48 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Since 3 weeks PRTG collects data. Two weeks ago i have reset all error counters on the 3Com switch to 0. After that on some ports are many new errors (for example port 26 has now 451611 output errors) in 3Com's webinterface but PRTG has still the values of 0. So i cant see the point of time from the errors.

Created on Apr 19, 2016 1:33:12 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.