What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Health Probe Down

Votes:

We were testing this out and got sidetracked for a bit due to other projects. Came back to it today and it says that the Probe Health is Down and Disconnected.

From the web UI I also get the message that "Monitoring may be incomplete or inaccurate due to fundamental problems in your PRTG instllation! Click here for more information!" When I click the link, I get the same information as above with no further details on how to fix the issue.

The last time data was collected was several weeks back. The first thing I did was to update to the latest version and that did not resolve the problem.

disconnected down prtg-probe-health

Created on Apr 18, 2016 2:39:10 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

For some reason the PRTG Probe Service was set to manual and not started. Starting that fixed the problem.

Created on Apr 18, 2016 2:42:02 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.