What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensors change state randomly /~400 Sensors

Votes:

Hi,

we have a PRTG installation with about 400 Sensors and until two weeks ago everything went fine. Now at random intervals the sensors suddenly start changing states from OK to Warning to Error and back. I can't pinpoint any patterns neither in kind of the sensors nor in what part of the network they are in. The system- and sensor-logs seem fine in that regard. I have increased the scanning interval to 5 minutes which remedied open requests going above 100 but it doesn't change anything regarding the status-changes. I hope you can help me. If you need any additional information I'll be glad to provide.

error prtg sensor-state

Created on Apr 19, 2016 7:54:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,
we appreciate your contact.

What exact message or error do you get in the sensor's message? It may provide an insight as to what is causing the error/failure. Please also make sure that you're running the latest PRTG version using Auto-Update.

Double check that your system meets our System Requirements. For further troubleshooting we'll need a support bundle and screenshots, which can't be easily shared here on the Knowledge-base, so I encourage you to create a Support Ticket for a direct support interaction.

Best Regards,

Created on Apr 19, 2016 11:19:11 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.