What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Android Login Problem

Votes:

Hello Support,

I have a problem with login to our PRTG server from Android phone. Android phone OS is version 5.1.1 (Lollipop). PRTG for Android is version 16.1.3, dated 04FEB2016, with size of 6.72MB (per Google Play) PRTG Network Monitor server is running version 16.1.22.2657, installed on Windows 2012R2.

All parameters are believed to be entered correctly into the "New Account" menu, and after clicking "Save" I receive the following error message: "Error I could not retrieve the passhash. Perhaps your password is wrong?"

The username + password entered are 100% correct. Not using the passhash as password.

andriod prtg snmp wmi

Created on Apr 19, 2016 6:11:50 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello Spikesforu,

• Are you using the default port to access the PRTG server, or is there a redirect?
  • Does the password of the user contain any special characters? If so, please try to create a test user with a simple password
  • Can you log into PRTG from your smartphone using a web browser and the public IP address?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 21, 2016 12:29:16 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I have the same problem. I'm using mobile app on Android v16.1.3 with PRTG server v16.2.23.3269+. I connected to my server before but suddenly I can't. I tried: - remove the connection and create it again - reset application data and setup again - change the password to simple one - create a new user with simple password

No step worked. I can connect to different server. I also can connect to the problematic server with both accounts using the mobile browser. I'll be happy to assist with finding the cause of the problem.

Tomas Odehnal

Created on Apr 28, 2016 8:19:18 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Can you create a user account for us so that we can test the connection? Please forward the external IP address as well as the name to [email protected]. Thanks.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 28, 2016 12:01:47 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks to the support I found the cause - PRTG was published by ISA server which didn't offer the SSL cyphre the app needs. Browsers were able to fall back to an unsupported TLS 1. If anyone comes to this, check your proxies. Tomas

Created on May 16, 2016 7:38:49 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.