What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Replace PRTG certificate

Votes:

The certificate for PRTG website has expired. I renew it using Microsoft Certificate Authority. How do I replace the expired certificate?

Thanks, Hien Doan

certificate prtg webserver

Created on Apr 25, 2016 2:47:45 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi!

In standard settings and installation, the webserver's certificate is stored in "C:\Program Files\PRTG Network Monitor\cert" or ""C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\cert", if you are running a 64 bit-machine. Just generate a new certificate for your prtg monitor's hostname and save it there. Base-64-coded cerftificates are working for me.

I hope I could help you.

Best regards, jdehn

Created on Apr 26, 2016 6:51:13 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

You can also use the PRTG Certificate Importer to import the new certificate.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 26, 2016 7:11:09 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can the PRTG Certificate Importer be automated/support cmd-line parameters? Together with CertifyTheWeb post-run scripts this would allow 0-touch renewal!

Created on Aug 24, 2018 10:08:56 AM

Votes:

If the tool allows the certificates to be exported to a directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\cert\prtg.crt is the correct path. A service restart is necessary in order for PRTG to use the new one.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 24, 2018 10:17:38 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.