What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Audible Alerts

Votes:

Hi,

I am looking for a way to have PRTG sound an audible alert when a new sensor down alert appears. I can do this with audible alerts as it is, but this sounds if the alert is still there after the refresh. I would like PRTG to only make a sound when there is a new alert, and for it to only sound once per alert.

I have tried both the enterprise console and the web interface, but cannot figure how to make this work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael

alerts sensors sounds

Created on Apr 27, 2016 11:01:09 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

There is a map object available, that plays a sound (on most browsers). Go to the map editor, Click "add item", select the group/device/sensor that you want to be notifed about and select "With Alarm Sound (Audible Alarm ist Alarms>0)" from the "Status Icons" section of the template selector. Now you should get an alarm sound whenever the alarms are above 0.

Created on Apr 28, 2016 10:47:32 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello,

I have used this, but it plays the sound for the alert even if it ha splayed the sound already. Ideally, I would like it to play a sound once for any alert - IE sensor down 1 play sound, next refresh sensor 1 is still down, do not play a sound.

So it should only play a sound on new sensor down alerts, and only once per sesnsor down.

Hope that makes sense.

Michael

Created on Apr 28, 2016 10:52:28 AM

Votes:

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, to play a sound only for new alerts is not possible, sorry.

Created on Apr 28, 2016 11:06:43 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Ahh. That's a shame. I'll have to try and figure out another way of doing this, possibly with JS in a browser.

Thank you for your replies.

Michael

Created on Apr 28, 2016 11:59:37 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.