What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customize report

Votes:

Hi,

I would want to generate a customized report, wherein I would want to be able to edit the time period of the report. In the settings section when a report is created there are options under the heading " PERIOD ("WHAT TIME SPAN WILL THE REPORT COVER?") " named "Day period" and "Report Only for Specific Hours-of-Day (Schedule)" can I give a custom time there(for example I need the report to show data with graph from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm only) then how would I go about the same..Currently I can generate a report with a graph with these specs

Report Time Span: 4/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 4/30/2016 12:00:00 AM Report Hours: Weekdays Nine-To-Five (9:00 - 17:00) [GMT+0000] Sensor Type: Ping (60 s Interval)

However this gives me a report from 12 am to next day 12 pm whereas I would need the report for one day with time interval 9.00 am to 12.00 pm.

Appreciate any help with this thanks

report-graphs reporting reports

Created on Apr 29, 2016 4:12:19 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. Are you already using your own Schedule for the "Report Only for Specific Hours-of-Day (Schedule)"-Setting? That should do exactly what you need.

best regards

Created on May 2, 2016 10:14:46 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

Thank you for your time and for replying to my query, I'm using schedules already for this Report however even after selecting the 09:00 am - 17:00 pm It generates a report from 12:00 am to 12:00 pm. I can see values populated from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm and rest of the fields are blank. The Graph generated also has the time frame but but does not have any values.

With regards to the Day Period I cannot select the day period as one day but would have to give a range (for example: If I need today's report I would have to select 02/05/2016 as the start date and 03/05/2016 as the end date) there is an option labelled 'Today' in the "Run Report" Section but it does the same thing.

I'm not sure if these are working as expected because my requirement was just of a day's report that is properly formatted to the time period specified...

Created on May 3, 2016 10:20:13 AM

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid the blank areas cannot be changed (removed), when only certain hours of a day are reported. Unfortunately, it's just not possible.
As for the (day) period, with schedule reports the minimum timeframe is defined to be 24 hours. You can have smaller periods for "ad-hoc"/"on demand" reports on individual sensors with their "Historic Data"-Tab.

best regards.

Created on May 4, 2016 7:57:20 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.