What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Total bandwidth or other report.

Votes:

Hi Team

We've got lots of PDU's that are monitored in our installation for power consumption and billing reasons. My superiors have asked me to build a automated monthly report on the total kWh used on each PDU bank. The standard report shows me the average and the days in between. I would love to be able to run a report that can do the maximum minus the minimum thus giving the total kwh for that month.

I believe I might be able to build something in sensor factory, however I'm unsure if i'll be able to work with the min and max values from the same sensor, on a specific time period.

Any feedback would be welcomed!

billing reports sensor-factory

Created on May 5, 2016 12:39:59 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Nick,

A Factory Sensor might not be suited for that since its channel definitions are based on actual sensor data (certain channels of source sensors) that's pulled with every scan. If I understand correctly you need to calculate with values coming from calculations resulting from a report.

What might be a better approach for you, would be Historic Data Reports which also support exporting raw data to csv or xml for specified periods and then work with Excel for example for further processing.

Maybe I misunderstood something, in this case you can also contact us by email ([email protected]) with a few screenshots showing which channels the sensors contain and one report you created so far. Please put PAE696961 in the email's subject, this way it will be automatically associated with this post.

Kind regards.

Created on May 6, 2016 11:37:58 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.