What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Include sensor result in host name

Votes:

Hello community,

I've been searching for a solution, but I have not been able to find one. I'm attempting to include a sensor result directly in the name of the host on Sunburst maps.

The case is that I have a sunburst of all our Terminal servers. I've created a powershell script to show all users connected to the Remote Desktop collection, but my manager would like to see how many are connected to each terminal server. This is completed by adding the "Terminal Services" sensor to all Terminal servers, however, we wish to include these results into the sunburst of all terminal servers.

Is it possible to have a custom Sunburst, which pull the result from the respective sensor and show that in the name of the server?

custom maps prtg sunburst

Created on May 6, 2016 8:21:50 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sorry, the device name can't be changed to include a specific sensor result easily. You could fiddle around using the API, but that's rather complex and hard to maintain :/

Created on May 6, 2016 8:42:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.