What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sound Alarms\Alerts

Votes:

Hey Folks,

How are you doing?

I'm facing an issue with the enterprise console, we are not able to receive sound alerts for new alarms, I made sure that the system tray icon is shown up and also configured the play sound alert.

I also tried to restart the program, unfortunately without success.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Omri

alarms alerts prtg

Created on May 9, 2016 8:00:05 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear Omri

Which sound file did you select? Please try to use one of the sounds provided with PRTG. Are you now hearing sounds?

Created on May 9, 2016 12:27:54 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey, Ive used the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Enterprise Console\notifications/sound/alarm_3.wav

Unfortunately this problem come and go, sometimes we hear sounds sometimes we don't.

Created on May 9, 2016 12:30:56 PM

Votes:

Dear Omri

If you have the Windows volume control open you can see if the loudspeaker should get a signal. If you hear no sound while you should, do you see the level meter in the volume control even though no sound is audible?

Created on May 10, 2016 8:28:24 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No, I don't see that the level meter in the volume control moving.

Created on May 10, 2016 11:53:00 AM

Votes:

Dear Omri

In this case please check if another application took exclusive control over the loudspeaker. How often – roughly – are you hearing no sound while the EC alarms you? (1 time out 3, 2 times out of 5, ...)

Created on May 10, 2016 1:08:54 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.